Monday, October 23, 2006

accessories, embellishments and doodads: the capo

Just a brief post to say that I’ve, for the first time, started using a capo. …Well, it’s probably more accurate to say that I’ve started experimenting using a capo.
It probably does not help that I did not come though a tradition of guitar playing that uses these contraptions, nor was I ever a student guitar player who used these as training wheels, nonetheless I’m finding the whole experience slightly disorientating (understand that I’m not using this for the purpose of changing key). One thing in particular that I found surprising was how different an experience, physiologically/psychologically, it was to, say, retuning the strings.
Anyway, I’ll report back when I have something a little more substantive….

No comments: